Thursday, September 22, 2011

one long post :)

I know I said I was going to try and blog more (which I still plan on!) but now that my little Noah is very mobile it has become harder than I thought it would be. He is constantly into everything, especially if I so much as LOOK at my computer or phone! The only time I get to myself now is when my boys are tucked in for the night. After that I'm cleaning up the house or catching up on my shows....but I WILL try to get a couple entries in here and there. 

Ok so where did I last leave you? It has been a not so great week. I know, I know I was all about the 10 weeks of strictness....yeah I already screwed that one up! Possibly even the same day I blogged! Ooops! I feel like I am full of all these great plans and intentions and then BAM! I let myself slip too easily. I don't know why I do it. I really honestly want to make healthy life changes and stick with them but sometimes my willpower sucks ass, plain and simple. 

I need to get back to the little things. Make a daily mini goal and achieve it. Then have two daily mini goals. And so on. I'm using the hubby's cheat days as an excuse to cheat and I really should not be doing that because he is almost at the end of his journey and into the maintenance phase, while I am pretty much at the beginning. In case you're wondering why hubby is so far ahead, we started out doing this together and then I got pregnant again and had to abandon the diet. Maybe another baby is in order.....KIDDING!!!!

I did hang the swimsuit above my scale so I can see it every day as a motivator. I also bought a really cute dress that doesn't fit (on sale for $20! thanks H&M!) and I want to be able to wear it this June in Mexico to our friends' wedding. It is also hanging up where I will see it every morning. I am trying to keep these things in my mind whenever I feel like overindulging so that maybe they can help stop me. 

I forgot to weigh myself wednesday like I had planned but I'm sure it wasn't good. I was right about retaining water weight from vacation (I was down 3lbs) but the bad days I had probably just added those right back. I think I will weigh myself tomorrow just to see where I am. I can't believe Noah is almost 8 months old and I STILL have baby weight! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! So frustrated with myself :(  

On a more positive note, I am so happy the weather is cooling off FINALLY! Walks are back! It just got too damn hot to take the babies on walks during the day and hubby was working nights so I didn't want to walk by myself after dark. Now he's on graves and we can go when he gets home at 10:30am. I am also going to start incorporating some light weight lifting a couple times a week and thinking about pilates too. I have a pilates dvd that I bought and have never done so maybe I'll give it a whirl. Or at least watch it ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment